Tips On How To Open A Bpi Bank Account
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) is one of the most established banks in the Philippines. Recently, it was awarded by Finance Asia, a prestigious finance publication and magazine in Asia and the Pacific as the best cash management bank in the Philippines. Finance Asia also recognized BPI as the best trade finance bank in the country.
BPI has two subsidiary banks – BPI Family Savings Bank and BPI Direct. BPI Bank deals primarily on corporate accounts like salary account of employees. BPI Family Savings Bank is focused on individual savings accounts or for individual person who may not be an employee. While BPI Direct serves primarily on mobile, telephone and online banking.
In opening a BPI bank account, you can adhere to procedures given below and ready all requirements before going to the bank. It will be fast and easy to open a new bank account when you bring all the needed requirements so do not forget to bring it all.
1. Make sure you have all the requirements for opening a new bank account like two valid ID, billing statements, two 1×1 photo ID, and money for initial deposit.
2. Select the branch you want to open a new account. Choose the branch near your work or house so that it will be very easy and convenient for you to go whenever problem arises regarding your bank account.
3. Upon entering the bank, proceed to New Account Desk. Tell the bank officer you want to open a savings account and then fill-up all forms that will be given to you.
4. Pass all the requirements, application forms and initial deposit for your new bank account. This is the minimum initial deposit for BPI, P3,000 and P10,000 for ATM and passbook account.
5. Get your passbook or ATM card which will be normally available after 4-5 banking days. When you get your ATM card, you can activate it at ATM machines.
When opening a new bank account, prepare first all requirements and ready the money for initial deposit for your new bank account. BPI is one of the best choice in applying for a new bank account. It has numerous branches around the country so it will not be a problem which branch to select.